Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Sawadee Khap..

Finally in Bangkok; land of the Tuktuk, Sky Train, Katoy shows, Traffic Jams and Smoky air....

This is a much needed work/ break from the stuffy office and the lot.

Upon touchdown and down the aero bridge, I was amazed with my ooooohs aaaaaahs with the new airport, a very grey/ neutral minimalist/ zen like structure with strips and strips of escalators crisscrossing each other, almost like a real life set from 'Jetson' world. My only complaint was the long wait for my luggage....1 hour. I think they're ( the Thai authority!) still getting used to the new gigantic airport.

The hotel was nice, with a mini retreat of cascading waterfall in the middle of the hotel and the checking in was not as fuss, just the way I like it. The hotel's location is smacked in the middle of Silom, the happening street in the after hours.....hmmmmm. Some people refer to it as the meat packing district. meat... lliterally....

No comments: